This position is responsible for creating, developing, executing, and analyzing email marketing campaigns for NACE programs, products, and services (PPS) supporting B2C and B2B marketing plans/campaign tactics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Building dynamic email campaigns based on marketing strategy directives from Marketing Strategists that are mobile-friendly and consistent in branding across digital platforms.
• Performing campaign set-up, scheduling, testing, tagging, analyzing and deployment of one-time, recurring, triggered and dynamic content-driven campaigns.
• Maintaining thorough understanding of email deployment software, tool/process upgrades, proven best practices and communicating changes/updates to the marketing team.
• Advising marketers and stakeholders about effective ways to create dynamic content email that integrates with other media tactics.
• Practicing agile iteration in conducting tests, observing results, comparing desirable results and adjusting email campaigns.
• Building custom email templates consistent with NACE’s brand style guide and providing email tracking data as requested.
• Creating and maintaining content groups and data settings for groups within email management software.
• Managing email database for lead generation and communicating interested respondents to marketing and sales teams.
• Managing non-deliverable email addresses and opt-outs processes.
• Working with FirstService to resolve any email recipient concerns regarding their contact profile and subscription management tools
• Troubleshooting technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation and other aspects of email execution.
• Analyzing email reports and analytics, and recommending email marketing best practices with coding, design, and testing of email campaigns.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, email management software (EMS), content management systems (CMS), html, and graphic software
• Ability to troubleshoot coding problems
• Solid understanding of database concepts and segmentation
• Ability and desire to learn quickly
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction, while also functioning and contributing as part of a team
• Excellent attention to detail
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, and a minimum of 2 years working with email marketing systems (Marketo, ExactTarget, Adestra, Real Magnet, etc.), HTML, and Adobe Photoshop.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as clickthrough and open rates, year-over-year data trends, and changes in contact/recipient counts. Ability to develop and interpret business graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Must possess a specific level of communication skill both verbal and written. Ability to work in a multi task environment taking into account various external factors and to communicate efficiently and accurately to both managers/supervisors and subordinate staff.