Lead development and execution of NII’s strategic plans as it applies to NIICAP in the coatings industry. Oversee the direct sales, customer relations, licensing, delivery, market development, and owner specification for NIICAP. Serve as liaison to the NIICAP Oversight Board, other internal and external groups and individuals involved in the coatings market, and other staff developing products related to the NIICAP customer base.
The primary goal of the NIICAP program is to provide a credible means for asset owners to ensure that industrial paint contractors have the qualified personnel, equipment, and processes to deliver the industrial paint service that they offer. The primary goals of this position are to (1) maximize NIICAP sales revenue by generating and managing NIICAP’s sales activity and global partnerships, (2) influence asset owners to specify NIICAP accreditation when selecting coating contractors for industrial protective coatings work, and (3) support future development of similar auditing programs in NII.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Accountable that financial and performance goals are monitored, met and exceeded.
• Obtain profitable results for the NIICAP product through product knowledge, market knowledge, and development and execution of annual sales and marketing plans.
• Define sales strategies and plans with a focus on brand awareness, lead generation, and executed sales.
• Develop and execute a business model for establishing high functioning licensees/partnerships/ franchisees for distribution of the NIICAP product outside the USA and Canada. Utilize Global Operations Division in communications/sales efforts.
• Responsible for documenting and meeting or exceeding quarterly customer and owner conversion (from competitor’s program) plans.
• Strategically initiate, cultivate, and maintain effective business relationships with corporate and government personnel to ensure owner/user participation in the development of, and specification/recognition of, the NIICAP program.
• Develop proposals as needed, for the NIICAP Oversight Board, when customization of NIICAP is recommended for penetration into a specific market.
• Work collaboratively and build consensus among stakeholders and with external and internal influencers.
• Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the NIICAP marketspace.
• Responsible for establishing a system of reports and communications involving monthly sales performance reports, monthly sales meetings that include personnel stakeholders critical to the sales effort, and NIICAP customer communications tools.
• Ensure that all sales activities are ethical in regards to discussion of NIICAP audit events and outcomes with customers. Agree that discussion with contractor customers may not include guidance on how to pass audits. Agree that sales representatives may not insert themselves into discussions/queries of audit performance/results that should occur between the contractor customer and other Institute staff/NIICAP contracted auditors.
The Sr. Manager--NII Business and Product Development will have responsibility for sales and business development of the NIICAP program and will manage both intra- and inter-departmental operations related to NIICAP sales/development opportunities and business functions. This position does not have direct reporting personnel; personnel will be added as the program grows. Responsibilities include training (future) employees associated with specific aspects of NIICAP; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Sr. Manager--NII Business and Product Development, has program management leadership role within NACE and NII and he/she should demonstrate professional presence necessary for leading staff, owners/users, and members and serving as an effective, influencing, ambassador with external parties. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel is expected, and passport is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree with emphasis in business development, project management, or a related field, and five years of work experience with demonstrated success in a business/customer development position; or a combination of education and experience that reflects success with business/customer development initiatives in a sales or customer development area in the field of anti-corrosion coatings. Experience with a membership association preferred. Experience in the following areas is preferred: program management, corporate and external relations, operations, strategic planning and budget development.
Must have strong interpersonal and influential presentation skills for use in growing and maintaining effective sales programs and campaigns, external relationship programs, managing licensees, partners, and volunteers, and influencing owner/user management support of and participation in organizational programs. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, members, corporate executives, legislators and agency personnel, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc.
Strong analytic skills in developing and managing budgets, strategic resource allocation, performance metrics and benchmarks. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Sales force training is required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to lead people, build teams, and manage projects along specific time-lines. Must have advanced computer skills including experience using MS Office. Ability to learn and use association specific software.